Pamwla Wetterman

Friday, October 18, 2013

Parden Me While I Brag

Author,  Bill Wetterman Receives Critic Review From Writer's Digest


Being his biggest fan, I had to share this wonderful review with my friends. Meet Bill Wetterman, my very talented writing husband.

 


Judges Commentary*:

MADNESS: THE PEACOCK TRILOGY - BOOK 2 by Bill Wetterman has everything fans are looking for: intrigue, adventure, danger, excitement, conflict and romance. A great read!

The front cover is masterfully executed and I believe it would compete with any other book cover on the shelf today. The colors are lovely and certainly appropriate to the title. The model is gorgeous and has just the right expression. The cityscape is awesome, and the peacock feathers worked in -- Wow! Shows up great on Amazon, too. Fantastic, in my view. Works nicely with the first book in the series. Be sure to stick with this artist.

The back cover does not disappoint. Though peacock feathers are still used, I had no problem reading the copy over them. The story is outlined very well. Readers looking for this type of story are sure to investigate inside, whether in person or on Amazon. Nice author photo and bio.

Inside, the font is pleasant and easy to read. I think the author should put the copyright in his name.

The writing moves the story along well with considerable skill. The tone is unflinching, but appropriate to the story. Although the main character is a female, I think men would still enjoy the story. In fact, because of the tone and the fact Peacock is tough herself, I imagine the story might actually find more male than female readers.

All in all, a satisfying read with great elements. Kudos.


2 comments:

John Biggs said...

As your husband's second biggest fan, I think Writers Digest definitely got this one right.

John Biggs said...

Everything Bill writes is fast, wild and unexpected.